Intelli Innovations is now shipping the IntelliSwipe USB Credit Card Reader. The IntelliSwipe is a device designed for reading credit card information. The device features driverless operation and support for major credit cards including Visa and Amex. According to Intelli Innovations:
Intelli Innovations, Inc., developers of innovative hardware and software for Macintosh, today introduced the IntelliSwipe USB Credit Card Reader for Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X.
Emulating a USB keyboard, the IntelliSwipe reader types credit card information into any application using a simple text output format. IntilliSwipe is made with REALbasic from REAL Software, Inc.
The IntelliSwipe USB Reader features:
- Driverless operation: the reader emulates a USB keyboard to enter data into Mac applications
- Support for all major credit cards, including Visa, MasterCard/Eurocard, American Express, Discover, and Dineris Club. Follows and interprets standard ISO 7811 guidelines
- Compatibility with any Mac application, including FileMaker Pro, credit card authorization software, Microsoft Office, web browsers, point-of-sale applications, and text editors
- Easy-to-use output data format for optimal application compatibility
- Embedded Good/Bad Multicolor Status LED
- Compact design with bi-directional reading capabilities, mounting holes, and included surface mounting pads
- Six foot pre-connected USB cable
You can find more information about the IntelliSwipe USB Credit Card Reader release at the Intelli Innovations Web site. The IntelliSwipe USB Credit Card Reader is available for US$229.95.