Intelli Innovations has announced the upcoming release of the IntelliScanner Mobile Kit. The kit is is designed for reading and managing barcodes where portability is required. The kit ships with a reduced sized USB barcode scanner and supporting materials. According to Intelli Innovations:
Intelli Innovations, Inc., a leader in innovative barcode solutions for the Macintosh platform, today announced IntelliScanner Mobile for Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X.
Ideal for retail, inventory, book cataloging, and document tracking, the new portable barcode scanner collects scanned barcode values in its internal memory, then docks with the useris Mac to download the stored barcode data.
The IntelliScanner Mobile Kit features:
- Built-in, nonvolatile memory stores up to 500 barcodes, ready to download into any Macintosh computer with included IntelliScanner MobileWare
- Support for UPC, EAN, Bookland ("ISBN"), Code 39, and Code 128 barcode formats/symbologies
- "Tethered" mode for connected barcode scanning into FileMaker Pro, AppleWorks, Microsoft Office, or any other Mac application that accepts standard keyboard input
- Integration with FileMaker Pro, AppleScript, and REALbasic, allowing third-party developers to build mobile data collection technology into their customized solutions
- 650nm Red Laser Diode (Class 1 Laser Device) Scanning Engine with a battery life of up to 20,000 scans per set (3 standard AAA batteries)
- Customizable LED and audible indicators indicates successful scans and imemory fulli information
- Custom device identification/tracking capabilities for advanced deployments where multiple scanners are used
- Lightweight design: 2.5 oz (3.7 oz with batteries)
You can find more information about the IntelliScanner Mobile Kit at the Intelli Innovations Web site. The IntelliScanner Mobile Kit will be available August 13th for US$499.00.