Stairways Software Pty Ltd. has released a new version of Interarchy, bringing it to version 7.0. Interarchy is a utility designed for downloading various files via the Internet. The latest release features several enhancements including OS X support and expanded toolbars. According to Stairways Software Pty Ltd:
Stairways Software Pty Ltd is pleased to announce Interarchy 7.0, the new version of its powerful, flexible, award-winning Internet application for Mac OS X.
Interarchy can download and upload files via FTP (the Internet standard File Transfer Protocol), SFTP (Secure File Transfer Protocol), and FTP over SSH (FTP/SSH). In addition, it can download files or whole web sites using HTTP (the HyperText Transfer Protocol), provide a wealth of information about your Internet connection, and help you work with remote servers across the Internet.
]\\Interarchy 7.0 follows on the long history of improvements to provide a host of new features. Major new features in Interarchy 7 include:
- Fully Mac OS X native (carbon events and native core networking)
- Tabbed browsing (just like Safari)
- Icon view (to complement list view and column view)
- Full bookmark management system, including FTP Disks, Rendezvous services, bookmarks, Address Book entries, scheduled and startup items
- Full internal file mapping support, with Get Info, Edit With, and more
- Full support for local files (file listings, checking local web sites)
- Full support for dragging between windows (FTP, SFTP, File, HTTP)
- Toolbars everywhere
- and more..
You can find more information about the latest Interarchy release at the Interarchy homepage. Ppgrades from previous versions purchased after Oct. 2003 are free, while the full version is available for US$39.00.