Jonathan Nathan has released an update for Jonis Phone Tool, bringing it to version 1.1.6. Jonis Phone Tool is a utility designed for automated phone dialing. The update adds several new features including action menus and modifications. According to Jonathan Nathan:
Jonathan Nathan is pleased to announce that Jonis Phone Tool v1.1.6 has been released.
Jonis Phone Tool is a scriptable phone dialing application. JPT uses either your Macis built-in speakers or the modem to dial a phone number. You can enter a phone number manually or you can use the integrated search tools to find numbers in your Address Book, Microsoft Entourage, Now Contact, or Palm Desktop databases.
- Added an action menu to the Quick Dial editor that now allows you to sort the Quick Dial entries
- Added an action menu to the Site editor to streamline interface
- Added a more explicit script example for integrating JPT with FileMaker Pro
- Modified ?JPT Controller? to handle a new event: ?get_JPT_configuration()? that will return the current JPT dialing properties. (See ?Scripting JPT? for more information.)
- Modified ?JPT Controller? to handle a new event: ?dial_number_literal(the_number)? that will dial a number exactly as passed to the handler without adding any extra prefixes or suffixes regardless of how JPT is configured to dial. This does not modify the dialing configuration and is meant for special situations in which the number supplied is already completely formatted with all required prefixes and suffixes. (See ?Scripting JPT? for more information.)
- Modified the event ?dial_number(the_number)? of ?JPT Controller?. The ?the_number? can be a string and dialed as expected (and as before) but it can now also be a list of two strings where the first string is the number to dial and the second string is the name to add to the dial log (this also applies to ?dial_number_literal(the_number)?)
- Modified the example scripts (including the Address Book plug-in and other PIM scripts) that use ?dial_number(the_number)? to include the new parameter to add the contact name to the dial log
- Enhanced the log window to make it sortable by date, number, or name
- Improved the menu icon.
You can find more information about the Jonis Phone update at the product home page. Jonis Phone Tool is available as shareware, priced at US$12. There is a 14-day free trial available.