Deep Sky Technologies, Inc. has released a maintenance update for TCP Deux, bringing it to version 1.0.1. TCP Deux is a 4th Dimension (4D) component which provides cross-platform TCP wrappers for different TCP plugins. According to Deep Sky Technologies, Inc.:
Deep Sky Technologies, Inc., today announced the full release of TCP Deux v1.0.1 for Macintosh and Windows. TCP Deux is a 4th Dimension component which provides cross-platform TCP wrappers for different TCP plugins available for 4th Dimension. The plugins supported within TCP Deux include 4D Internet Commands v6.7.x, Internet ToolKit v2.0.x, and Internet ToolKit v2.5.x.
This maintenance release provides a dozen new routines for use at the TCP level within 4D. Many of these routines are for access data within the TCPd Streams Stack within the component. As well, this release contains a few bug fixes and a great deal of optimization.
TCP Deux provides cross-platform, plugin independent routines for handling all TCP communications in 4D. The functionality available in the TCP Deux component include:
- Stream and listener openers and closers
- Stream status checking, individually or for all open streams
- Processor friendly stream status waiting routines
- Full support for sending and receiving text and binary data
- Full support for sending and receiving directly from documents
- Full management system for TCP communication streams
- Full multiple 4D process (handler) support for TCP servers
- Accessor methods for updating and extracting stream information
- Accessor methods detailing TCP environment on local machine
- Transparent support for IC v6.7.x, ITK v2.0.x, and ITK v2.5.x
- Full SSL support when using ITK v2.5.x.
You can find more information about TCP Deux 1.0.1 at the Deep Sky Technologies, Inc. Web site. An unlimited deployment licence of TCP Deux 1.0.1 is available for US$195.00.