Software & Hardware Tracker is a collection of FileMaker Pro 5 relational database which will help you store and organize useful information (such as registration codes, serial numbers, product notes, etc.) about all your computer products (hardware and software). Relying on the standard Internet Config system, Software & Hardware Tracker is perfectly integrated with your other Internet software. It also keeps track of all your contact information for software and hardware developers, distributors and places of purchase, turning it into a powerful contact and Internet bookmark manager.
Version 4.0.5 is a maintenance release which resolves several minor issues in the original 4.x releases. A complete list of changes is available on the productis web page.
Software & Hardware Tracker 4 is a major upgrade to the program, resolving all known issues in version 3 and offering many improvements and refinements:
- Software & Hardware Tracker 4 comes with a runtime version of FileMaker Pro 5, thus avoiding the backward compatibility issues raised by the latest release of FileMaker Pro. People who donit own FileMaker Pro can now use the program. Only users of the PRO version, if they want to customize the program, or publish it on a network, will need to own a copy of the FileMaker Pro 5 application.
- Software & Hardware Tracker 4 offers an improved user interface, more consistent and efficient, simpler to use and to master. The program is now much less complex from the useris perspective.
- Software & Hardware Tracker 4 also offers a much richer Workstation Tracker, letting you enter even more information about your computers.
- Software & Hardware Tracker 4 lets users protect their data with a password of their choosing and offers improved user preferences.
- Software & Hardware Tracker 4 imports version 3.6 (and version 3.6 only) records transparently, to make upgrading easy.
Software & Hardware Tracker is now available for US$15. You can find more information at the DXoft Web site.