Aspyr Media announced Wednesday that it will be publishing LEGO Star Wars: The Video Game on the Mac. The game, which will be released for Windows at the end of March, is being planned for an August 2005 release date on the Mac.
Aspyr described the game as follows: "In LEGO Star Wars, compete in action packed lightsaber duels against Darth Maul. Experience mind-blowing space battles in your starfighter. Use the Force - accessing secret areas and overcoming obstacles - to construct and play as more than 30 of your favorite characters such as Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker, Yoda and more!"
LEGO Star Wars for Mac preliminary system requirements:
- Operating System: Mac OS X 10.3.7 or later
- CPU Processor: PowerPC G4/G5 or later
- CPU Speed: 1GHz or faster
- Memory: 256MB (512MB recommended)
- Hard Disk Space: 2GB free disk space
- Video Card (ATI): Radeon 8500 or better
- Video Card (Nvidia): GeForce FX5200 or better
- Video Memory (VRam): 32MB
- Media Required: DVD Drive
The gameis official site does not yet have screen shots of the game, and Aspyr does not yet have a Web page for the title on its site. You can, however, get a tad more information at the official site. The Windows version of the title is retailing for US$39.99 at Amazon.com, but Aspyr has not yet announced pricing for the Mac.