LaCie on Tuesday introduced Biggest S2, a five-bay RAID tower available in 1.25TB (US$1,999) or 2.5TB ($3,499) capacities. Shipping at the end of this month, Biggest S2 features the ability to hot-swap drives, sustained transfer rates of 187MB per second and interface speeds of 3Gb per second, and compatibility with RAID 0, 0+1, 1 and JBOD configurations. It comes with LaCieis SATA II PCI-X Card 4E, which is used to provide an interface between the Biggest S2 tower and the computer.
Recent News See All »
Recent Tips See All »
Recent Editorials See All »
- Apple Needs to Step Up its HealthKit Game Before Making it a Diagnosis Tool
- This May be The 4K UHD Apple TV We've Been Waiting For
- Apple's Tuplejump Purchase Hints at a Smarter Siri and Echo Competitor
- Apple Hates Music Lovers Who Want to Own Their Music
- Read This Before You Install Any Point Zero OS
© The Mac Observer, Inc. -- All rights reserved. All information presented on this site is copyrighted by The Mac Observer, Inc. except where otherwise noted. No portion of this site may be copied without express written consent. Other sites are invited to link to any aspect of this site provided that all content is presented in its original form and is not placed within another frame. The Mac Observer is an independent publication and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Apple, Inc.