Norbert Doerner has released an update for MP3-Info CMM, bringing it to version 1.1. MP3-Info CMM is a contextual menu module designed for displaying information about MP3s directly within the Mac finder. The update features expanded iTunes 3 support and other enhancements. According to Norbert Doerner:
The author today announced the immediate availability of MP3-Info CMM 1.1.
MP3-Info CMM is a Contextual Menu Module designed for Mac OS X (version 10.1 or newer).
It displays information about MP3 files, such as their duration, the bit rate, and also some important MP3-Tags, such as the artist, the title of the song, and some more.
All this directly inside the Finder, without the need to open any application to get this information!
What is new in MP3-Info CMM version 1.1:
- The new MP3-Tag "Composer" introduced in iTunes 3 is supported
- The track number of MP3 files will be displayed and can be used to rename the file
- AIFF and WAVE files are now also supported. As they have no tags, only their duration and compression is displayed, though
- MP3 genre detection now works better
- ID3V2.3 Tags will now work better even if they contain ASCII(0) characters at the end. any file with filetype "MP3 ", and "MPG3" will now be detected as a potential MP3 file
- MP3-Info CMM can now change the filetype of any MP3 file to suit iTunes better
You can find more information about the MP3-Info CMM update at the MP3-Info CMM Web site. MP3-Info CMM 1.1 is available as freeware.