Chaotic Software has released an update for MP3 Rage, bringing it the version 3.9. MP3 Rage is an MP3 utility for organizing and adjusting music in the MP3 format. The new version has some bug fixes and performance enhancements. According to Chaotic Software:
MP3 Rage is the definitive collection of tools for MP3 enthusiasts. You can search for and download thousands of MP3is from the Internet using the Napster(tm) music sharing system and the Gnutella file sharing system, edit ID3 tags, analyze MP3is and adjust their sound volume automatically to play at similar levels, export MP3 files to AIFF format for burning CDis, play MP3 files, catalog, organize, rename, find, and change thousands of MP3 files and their ID3 tags quickly and painlessly. It does all this with a clean, powerful, and easy-to-use interface.
Version 3.9 has the following enhancements:
- Improved ability to connect, search, and download files with Napster and Gnutella
- Added support for long names to the MP3 Organizer
- Improved "Title Caps" tag changing support. Now handles roman numerals, parenthesis, etc
- Ignore Gnutella search results from users behind firewall when we are also behind firewall
- Handle Napster remote queue full errors when users cannot accept any more downloads
- Detect corrupt ID3 tags and try to fix them, salvaging as much data as possible
- Changed renamer when less than 10 files in an album to not put leading zero
You can find more information about the MP3 Rage update at the Chaotic Software Web site. MP3 Rage is available for US$24.95.