The User Group Advisory Board has announced the schedule for the User Group Lounge at the upcoming Macworld Conference and Expo.
The User Group Lounge is the place for attendees to meet, take a break, and get up close and personal with notable Macintosh celebrities and newsmakers. A full schedule of speakers, panel discussions and presentations assures anyone stopping in the Lounge during Expo will be both entertained and informed.
Scheduled guests and presentations include:
- The Appleworks User Group
- Ilene Hoffman of MacFixit
- The Consortium of Canadian User Groups
- A Panel Discussion on Virtual & Online User Groups
- Appleis User Group Advisory Board
- Garr Reynolds, Appleis User Group Program Manager
- Dennis Sellers, Senior Editor of MacCentral
- Shawn King of The Mac Show
- Apple Makes The Grade: Studens & Apple with David Roemer
- "Dr. Macintosh" Bob LeVitus
- Dave Marra - Apple Senior Systems Engineer
- Appleis Regional Liaison Team
- Shane Anderson of The Mac EvangeList
- Deb Shadovitz, MacCentral Columnist and author
The Speaker Host for The User Group Lounge will be Trish Huffman. Trish is well known in the Macintosh community as a GCS and host of countless chats on World Without Borders, and was recently named as Macintosh User Group Producer for WWB.
The Lounge will be staffed with volunteers from Macintosh User Groups who can answer questions about how to find a group near you, where to locate resources benefiting MUGs, and more.
The User Group Lounge is provided through the generosity of Macworld Expo/IDG, who donate the room to the User Group Advisory Board in support of the Macintosh User Group Community.
You can find more information on all of the Mac User Group activities at the MUG Center Web site.