Mac OS Guru has release an update for SQL4X Manager J, bringing it to version 2.5. SQL4X Manager J is a SQL database Interface deigned for Web development and database management. The update features performance enhancements including stored procedure execution and improved viewing displays. According to Mac OS Guru:
We have released SQL4X Manager J 2.5 Enterprise Edition for Mac OS X - the professional database tool for administrators and web site developers.
SQL4X Manager J is a comprehensive graphical Interface for web and database developers to access any JDBC compliant database server. You can choose between a terminal-like graphical SQL Console with SQL syntax coloring and table name auto-completion to execute your own SQL commands and a fully graphical schema and table browser.
The new release introduces new powerful features and extensions for professional database users and Web developers (for more information see below).
Whatis new in this version:
- execute stored procedures (Oracle, MS SQL Server, Sybase)
- run anonymous PL/SQL blocks (Oracle)
- easily create MySQL/PHP Web pages to list your tables, input, edit and delete data (generated code is Dreamweaver MX compatible)
- graphically enter and modify stored procedures, functions, triggers and many other objects (Oracle)
- SQL Console now displays multiple result sets from a query as text
- SQL Viewer now displays multiple result sets from a stored procedure as tabbed table view
- SQL Console supports more special SQL*Plus commands (Oracle)
You can find more information about the SQL4X Manager J update at the Mac OS Guru Web site. SQL4X Manager J 2.5 is available for US$59.00.