Mac OS Guru has release an update for SQL4X Manager J, bringing it to version 2.5.1. SQL4X Manager J is a SQL database Interface designed for Web development and database management. The update features performance enhancements including PHP code generator enhancements and improved PostgreSQL support. According to Mac OS Guru:
SQL4X Manager J 2.5.1 (Build 288) has been released today. The new release includes minor enhancements to bring better support for PostgreSQL, MySQL and IBM DB2. Additional enhancements have been made to the PHP Code Generator for MySQL, the application preferences and serial number processing.
SQL4X Manager J is a comprehensive graphical Interface for web and database developers to access any JDBC compliant database server. You can choose between a terminal-like graphical SQL Console with SQL syntax coloring and table name auto-completion to execute your own SQL commands and a fully graphical schema and table browser.
Whatis new in SQL4X Manager J 2.5: The SQL4X Manager J 2.5 introduces new powerful features for professional users and Web developers:
- execute stored procedures (Oracle, MS SQL Server, Sybase)
- run anonymous PL/SQL blocks (Oracle)
- easily create MySQL/PHP web pages to list your tables, input, edit and delete data (generated code is Dreamweaver MX compatible)
- graphically enter and modify stored procedures, functions, triggers and many other objects (Oracle)
- SQL Console now displays multiple result sets from a query as text
- SQL Viewer now displays multiple result sets from a stored procedure as tabbed table view
- SQL Console supports more special SQL*Plus commands (Oracle)
You can find more information about the SQL4X Manager J update at the Mac OS Guru Web site. SQL4X Manager J 2.5.1 is available for US$59.00.