Mac OS Guru has released an update for SQL4X Manager J, bringing it to version 2.9. SQL4X Manager J is a SQL database Interface designed for Web development and database management. The update features support for FrontBase and an enhanced JDBC Driver. According to Mac OS Guru:
SQL4X Manager J 2.9 is now available.
SQL4X Manager J is the first class database management solution for Mac OS X. SQL4X Manager J assists Web and database developers, administrators and power users with their database related tasks.
SQL4X Manager J is a comprehensive graphical Interface for web and database developers to access any JDBC compliant database server. You can choose between a terminal-like graphical SQL Console with SQL syntax coloring and table name auto-completion to execute your own SQL commands and a fully graphical schema and table browser.
This update makes it even easier to connect to your database server than before. Support for new JDBC drivers and database servers have been added with this release.
- Added FrontBase support
- Enhanced support for jTDS JDBC Driver to access MS SQL Server 6.5, 7, 2000 and Sybase 10 and newer
- Enhanced New Connection Assistant to automatically install and configure your JDBC driver
The new release adds several new features for professional users to make script execution with SQL Viewer more powerful:
- Added "Run Script" and "Run Selection" feature (with shortcuts)
- Added shortcut to show preview/full resultset
- Scripts can be saved to a file and to the Favorite Scripts container now
- Enter executes selection or full script (if no selection exists)
You can find more information about the SQL4X Manager J update at the Mac OS Guru Web site. SQL4X Manager J 2.9 is available for US$59.00.