Apple has just released its latest version of Mac OS X, moving the version up to 10.1.4. According to Appleis Release notes:
Version 10.1.4 delivers improved networking, security, and additional disc recording device support. Specific enhancements include:
- Disc Recording Devices:
- Updated and new support for Fast 10 SCSI drives, including the Pioneer 201 drive.
- Expanded support for SmartDisk, EZQuest, and LaCie disc recording devices.
- Networking Improvements:
- Dial-up connections over PPP are more reliable and system responsiveness has been improved.
- Significant improvement to file searching on local and remote volumes.
- Apple Filing Protocol (AFP) services can be browsed on networks with 3Com routers.
- Security Update:
- BSD-based TCP/IP connections now check and block broadcast or multicast IP destination addresses.
You can get the the latest update to Mac OS X via Software Update.