MAKI Enterprises has updated their multilingual e-mail program, Magellan, to version 1.8.2. Magellan supports a number of languages, and the latest version has added full Ukranian support as well as improvements for handling languages with non-ASCII characters. According to MAKI Enterprises:
Magellan 1.8.2 is minor update of Magellan 1.8.1:
Major changes are:
- Better mailer compatibility of non ascii language.
- Speeding up for non roman languages.
- Fully Ukrainian supported.
- bug fixes.
- Send and receive multilingual e-mail. Any languages will correctly be sent and received.
- Send and receive e-mail message containing any plural languages.
- Not only unicode but newly created MultiScript encoding is adopted.
- Read messages in "View." View is an epoch-making management way of e-mail messages, different from folder or filter system.
- Create Text clip which replaced "signature" and is more flexible and free.
- More powerful find feature supporting fuzzy search by Sherlock. (Find by Contents)
- RightToLeft / LeftToRight processing and indication is supported.
- Download large size message or attachment file later, skip e-mail.
- The function is for faster mail checking!
- Avoid complexity of "Preferences" or "Settings."
- Fastest performance of all e-mail client software.
- Work under less memory than other e-mail software and small application size.
Magellan is available for US$50. You can find more information at the MAKI Enterprises Web site.