Maxprog has released a beta version of MaxNews 1.0. MaxNews is a utility designed for Usenet newsreader downloading. The app features full MIME compliance and is powered with the Valentina SQL database engine. According to Maxprog:
Maxprog is proud to present MaxNews, a very flexible and effective Mac OS 9.x / Mac OS X based Usenet newsreader for Macintosh.
MaxNews is a Usenet newsreader for reading and composing both news articles and e-mail messages built from the ground up around one of the fastest SQL database engine with full unicode UTF-8 support. MaxNews provides the user with an all-in-one interface, is fully MIME-compliant and supports reading and composing messages using any charset that your system supports.
- All articles are archived locally to a fast database
- Full UTF-8 support, single-byte and double-byte language support
- Easy-to-use straightforward interface based on Mac OS X Mail
- Mac OS X Mail like message threads coloring system
- Powered by ultra fast Valentina SQL database engine
- Fast multi-threaded engine. (Speed depends on your connection
- Native version for both Mac OS 9.x and Mac OS X
You can find more information about the MaxNews beta release at the Maxprog Web site. MaxNews is available as freeware while in the beta testing phase.