Maxprog is now shipping an update for eMail Bounce Handler, bringing it to version 1.3. eMail Bounce Handler is an email tool designed to prevent returned email from entering a users inbox. The update features several enhancements including APOP support and multiple POP3 sessions. According to Maxprog:
Maxprog is proud to present a new eMail Bounce Handler update. eMail Bounce Handler is Maxprog bounce e-mail filtering and handling tool.
Bounce e-mail (sometimes referred to as bounce mail) is electronic mail that is returned to the sender because it cannot be delivered for some reason. Unless otherwise arranged, bounce e-mail usually appears as a new note in your inbox. E-mail users can encounter bounce e-mail because an addressee has changed his or her address, because their mail box is full, because the note is misaddressed, or for some other reason.
- APOP support (MD5 authentication with timestamp)
- An alternative port can be set in the form server:port
- Mutliple POP3 sessions are performed to force POP Update state
- Window resizable in width
- New rule iMessage status - undeliverablei added
- Numeric domains e-mail addresses not always properly extracted
You can find more information about the eMail Bounce Handler update at the Maxprog Web site. The eMail Bounce Handler update is free for registered users, while the full version is available for US$19.90.