Maxprog is now shipping an update for eMail Bounce Handler, bringing it to version 1.2. eMail Bounce Handler is an email tool designed to prevent returned email from entering a users inbox. The update features several enhancements including window menu shortcuts and bug fixes. According to Maxprog:
Maxprog is proud to present a new eMail Bounce Handler update. eMail Bounce Handler is Maxprog bounce e-mail filtering and handling tool.
Bounce e-mail (sometimes referred to as bounce mail) is electronic mail that is returned to the sender because it cannot be delivered for some reason. Unless otherwise arranged, bounce e-mail usually appears as a new note in your inbox. E-mail users can encounter bounce e-mail because an addressee has changed his or her address, because their mail box is full, because the note is misaddressed, or for some other reason.
- New document default rules editor (preferences)
- E-mail address extraction using user specified message part
- E-mail exclusion list. Prevent rules to add given ddresses
- Mail recipient header (To:) added to rules
- All rules can be skipped in order to process al incomimg mails
- Empty strings allowed for iequal toi rules
- Window menu now includes shortcuts
- Recent documents menu
- Bounces can be selected using the iSelect Alli menu
- Several bounces can be removed at the same time
- Bounce list can be sorted by bounce number or check state
- Rules can be reordered in list. (Doc. and prefs rules)
- E-mail extraction function and rule handler optimizations
- Connection log memory leak causing EBH to crash under Classic
- Rules applied to "From" header sometimes fail
- POP3 password not properly restored from previously saved files
You can find more information about the eMail Bounce Handler update at the Maxprog Web site. eMail Bounce Handler is free for registered users, while the full version is available for US$19.90.