Gideon Softworks has released an update for Snard, bringing it to version 0.9. Snard is a dock based menu launcher designed to reduce screen and dock clutter. The new version has enhancements and bug fixes. According to Gideon Softworks:
Gideon Softworks is announcing that Snard v0.9 has just been released.
Snard is a launcher that can be used as a system menu or a dockling. Snard reduces dock and screen clutter by replacing numerous items with a convenient system menu or dockling depending on the users preference. Above and beyond its launcher capabilites.
New features Include:
- Configuration Application no longer shows a dock icon
- Preference Menu groups items like in the actual System Preferences application
- Personal Preferences are now shown in the menu ( ie Tinkertool etc... )
- Open App as Administrator now works again
- Preference Menu Application Included : Snards preference menu as a system menu
- Root level application items show Recent Items in a submenu - this can be turned on in Snard Config Preferences
- Note : The recent items functionality is a concept. There are a few bugs that I know about. This release is just to gauge the amount of interest in this feature. Send me some feedback
You can find more information about the Snard update at the Gideon Softworks Web site. Snard 0.9 is available for US$10.00.