Mireth Technology has released a new version of iVCD, bringing it to version 2.0. iVCD is a utility designed for creating SVCD and VCDs. The latest release adds several new features including TV Safe border effects and Kiosk mode. According to Mireth Technology:
Mireth Technology has released version 2.0 of iVCD(TM), Macintosh OS X software that allows you to easily make Video CDs and Super Video CDs.
VCD(TM) is a VCD authoring utility that allows you to easily make Video CDs and Super Video CDs on Mac OS X. iVCD(TM) creates Video CDs from iMovie, Quicktime or .AVI movie files. iVCD(TM) can be used to author Video CDs (MPEG-1), Super Video CDs (MPEG-2), XVCDs or XSVCDs and supports both NTSC and PAL output formats. It also supports playlists and menus.
This release adds the following features:
- Video CD Playlists and Menus for authoring Video CDs that include a menu so you can make a more interactive presentation
- TV Safe Border effect for rescuing videos that appear clipped to the TV Screen
- Kiosk mode for making VCD that play continously
- Lighten video effect to lighten up movies that appear too dark when encoded as MPEG
- One-Step Video CD Convert+Image+Burn operation
- Encoded MPEG Preview using the Movie window
- Improved performance through enhanced threading
- Support for more CD-RW drives with Apple Disk Recording APIs (requires OS X 10.3)
You can find more information about the latest iVCD release at the Mireth Technology Web site. iVCD 2.0 is available for US$29.95.