Black Cat Systems has released an update for MultiMode OSX, bringing it to version 4.6.0. MultiMode is a short wave and ham radio message transmitter and decoder. The update features several enhancements including ACII transmiting and increased fax transmition length support. According to Black Cat Systems:
Version 4.6.0 of MultiMode OSX has been released.
MultiMode is an application which allows your Macintosh to decode and transmit several different modes of non-voice communication often heard on shortwave and ham radio.
It is the only program of its kind for the Macintosh, rivaling commercial packages for the PC platform costing hundreds of dollars. It is ideal for amateur radio operators, shortwave radio listeners, and other radio enthusiasts. MultiMode is localized for for Dutch, French, German, Italian, and Spanish, in addition to English.
This major update to MultiMode adds numerous new features, modes, and bug fixes, including:
- Added ASCII transmitting
- Added ACF Auto-Correlation Function
- Added TCP/IP connections, clients can receive a stream of decoded text
- Increased maximum length of received fax transmissions
- Can load PICT, GIF, JPEG, TIFF,PNG, BMP files now to send via SSTV
- Improved SSTV VIS code detection
- Added several additional SSTV modes
- and more..
You can find more information about the MultiMode update at the Black Cat Systems Web site. The MultiMode update is free for registered users, while the full version is available for US$59.00.