MacMuse Software has released a new app for Mac users, Music Tutor 1.0. Music Tutor is an education app designed for teaching music mechanics to students. Music Tutor features a virtual keyboard and a timed game called "Music Buttons" for expanded learning capabilities. According to MacMuse Software:
MacMuse Software, Shareware for Education, announces the release of Music Tutor 1.0 which uses Appleis QuickTime® Musical Instruments to provide a virtual keyboard for the music student to study note names, scales and intervals.
The "Music Buttons" feature also provides a timed game for a fun and challenging study of notes, symbols, and composers. Players compete to top their best personal time as well as the best time posted by all players.
Music Tutoris features include:
- Repeat Sequence: Players attempt to repeat a sequence of notes played by the computer
- Play the Note: Students play the named note on the virtual keyboard
- Hear Intervals: Users must find the 2nd note a an interval played by the computer
- Play Intervals: Given the starting note and the name of an interval, students must play the second note on the virtual keyboard
- Play Scales: Students are asked to play any of 10 different kinds of scales or the student can choose the specific scale type
You can find more information about the Music Tutor release at the MacMuse Software Web site. Music Tutor 1.0 is available for US$10.00.