Netatalk has released an update for the Netatalk File Sharing Suite, bringing it to version 1.5.5. The Netatalk File Sharing Suite is a bundle of server apps designed for handling various protocols. The update features bug fixes. According to Netatalk:
The Netatalk development team is proud to announce version 1.5.5 of the Netatalk File Sharing suite. Netatalk is a collection of server programs and utilities for handling various protocols employed by Apple Macintosh computers on Unix compatible systems. The suite contains:
- afpd - a file server that implements the Apple Filing Protocol, allowing clients running MacOS to access Unix file servers
- atalkd - an implementation of the AppleTalk protocol
- papd - a print server that enables Macintosh computers to access printers connected to Unix servers
- timelord - a time server for synchronizing time over the network
- megatron - a tool to convert files in Macintosh specific formats like BinHex, AppleSingle, or MacBinary into files, readable by Unix computers
- various other utilities
News in Netatalk 1.5.5:
This release of Netatalk features various bug fixes. It is reported to work well with Photoshop and QuarkXPress.
You can find more information about the Netatalk File Sharing Suite at the SourceForge Web site. Netatalk 1.5.5 is available as freeware.