Northern Softworks has released an update for Panther Cache Cleaner, bringing it to version 2.1. Panther Cache Cleaner is a system utility designed for cleaning out corrupted cache data. The update new management tools and root directory repair. According to Northern Softworks:
Northern Softworks today announced the release of version 2.1 of Panther Cache Cleaner, its popular OS X maintenance and utility application.
What is Panther Cache Cleaner?
Panther Cache Cleaner is a utility designed to provide easy access to numerous OS X maintenance and utility options. When used in combination with OS Xis disk repair tools, it can be very effective in curing many system problems.
Whatis New in Panther Cache Cleaner 2.1?
- Version 2.1 of PCC is all new and updated for OS X 10.3
- This release adds the ability to repair root directory OS X symbolic links
- It adds the ability to recreate the OS 9 Desktop alias
- It adds the ability to enable the Panther Expose Blob
- This release adds new Login Items management tools
- PCC can scan Login Items and remove or relink orphaned entries
- It offers the ability to scan and remove duplicate entries from the Login Items
- This release enables a Login Items folder similar to the Startup Items folder of the classic Mac OS
- and more..
You can find more information about the Panther Cache Cleaner update at the Northern Softworks Web site. Panther Cache Cleaner 2.1 is free for registered users of Jaguar/Panther Cache Cleaner, while the full version is available for US$7.95.