The Quesa Development Team are pleased to announce the release of Quesa 1.6d13, the latest release of their portable Open Source implementation of Appleis QuickDraw 3D API.
This release increases compatibility with the QD3D 1.6 API, includes over a yearis worth of bug fixes and new features, and supports Mac OS 8/9, Mac OS X (Carbon or Cocoa), Linux, Windows, and Be.
Applications written to the Quesa API can take advantage of an extensive high-level 3D toolkit (including file importers/exporters, plug-in renderers, and high-level geometries), while still leveraging the performance of low-level OpenGL 3D hardware acceleration.
Major changes for 1.6d13 include:
- New support for Bitmap and PixMap Marker geometries
- New support for transparency in software rendering, unlike QD3D
- New API reference documentation, generated by HeaderDoc
- New support for the Viewer library on Carbon and Windows
- Added preliminary support for writing 3DMF files
- Added preliminary Carbon support to the Viewer library
- Added new API calls for mathematical utilities missing from QD3D
- Added new API calls to translate error codes to strings
- Added Q3View_GetFogStyleState API call, is missing from QD3D
- Added Cocoa support, new example app and ProjectBuilder projects
- Added support for building with CodeWarrior for Windows
- Added support for turning off extensions to QD3D in headers
- Added support for building as a static library
Quesa is a cross-platform Open Source project which re-implements the QuickDraw 3D API under the LGPL license. It provides binary and source compatibility with Appleis QuickDraw 3D, while supporting multiple platforms and operating systems.
You can find more information, including the source code, at the Quesa Web site.