PHP is clearly among todayis most important Web tools. The Mac Observeris publishing system was built with PHP, and our excellent forum engine, phpBB, was also developed with the scripting language. See Jane Code has released the final 1.0 version of its flagship product JaneBUILDER. JaneBUILDER is a visual editor for PHP, and works in both Mac OS X and Classic Mac. From See Jane Code:
See Jane Code today announced the release of JaneBUILDER for PHP and MySQL! 1.0 for the Mac OS 9 and OS X. JaneBUILDER is a visual editor for PHP. JaneBUILDER allows users to build complex PHP pages with ease. The files created are native PHP (text) files that can be opened by any HTML tool or text editor and uploaded to your web server for deployment.
Whatis changed in 1.0 since PR2:
- Unix line feed support
- "Love Handle" in document window allows user to resize "Code" and "Group Set" boxes
- PHP compliant tags
- Numerous bug fixes
- Additional menu shortcuts
- New file saving scheme reduces amount of save dialog boxes
- Cosmetic changes
Features of previous JaneBUILDER PR2:
- New Interface: Complete rewrite of program. New faster optimized engine. Interface is optimized for Aqua on OS X.
- Native PHP/HTML Editing: Now JaneBUILDER works with native PHP and HTML files JaneBUILDER now has the ability to import HTML and PHP files.
- OSX AND OS9 support: JaneBUILDER is now a native Carbon app that runs on OSX and OS9
- MySQL Live Data Sources access: JaneBUILDER can now access MySQL database servers. JaneBUILDER will create ALL your database tables and columns for offline editing.
- JaneVIEWER: JaneVIEWER is a mini MySQL browser WITHIN JaneBUILDER.
- Table Output: JaneBUILDERis Auto-Janes now exports table formatted HTML for the form, listings, and detail pages for proper HTML alignment.
- New Tool Interfaces:New slimed down windows and smarter "spreadsheet and tab" windows. You can now have as many tools open as you like. You can have multiple "Auto-Janes" open AND it is far easier to add code with "Auto-Jane" code.
- Variable Support: Variables can be added and now appear in convenient popup menus in most JanBUILDER tools.
Mac OS 9, 9.1, 10.x
Access to PHP 4.x server
Access to MySQL 3.23.xx server
Telnet or SSH access to MySQL server
JaneBUILDER is priced at US$49. The company also offers a free demo. You can find more information on the product at See Jane Codeis Web site.