CTM has released an update for PowerMail, bringing it to version 4.2. PowerMail is an email client designed for the management and sending of email. The update features performance enhancments including improved search speed and Panther support. According to CTM:
PowerMail for Macintosh 4.2 has now been released.
Designed as a robust and sustainable alternative to ordinary Macintosh e-mail applications, PowerMail 4.2 is based on the PowerMail Engine(tm), a robust foundation for cross-platform e-mail clients encompassing 9 years of mail and directory experience.
Whatis new in PowerMail 4.2 (from 4.1.3):
- Entirely new CTM FoxTrot(tm) high-speed search technology - much more search flexibility with performance gains ranging from 300% to over 500%
- Increased responsiveness - now launches and draws large lists even faster
- Enhanced filtering - now includes fast filtering by message content
- Ability to search on cached IMAP information - brings high-speed local searching functionality while connected to IMAP servers
- Improved error handling and data recovery - recovering is therefore made easier
- Over 10 other usability and reliability improvements
- Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) compatibility, while maintaining Mac OS X 10.2.x, OS 9 and 8 as well
You can find more information about the latest PowerMail release at the CTM Web site. PowerMail 4.2 is free for registered users, while the full version is available for US$49.00.