Power On Software has announced a special version of Now-up-to-Date & Contact providing an easy upgrade path for users of Interact Commerceis ACT! program. Interact Commerce has discontinued developement of the application, but ACT! users, with Power Onis help, can easily make the transition to Now-up-to-Date & Contact. According to Power On Software:
Power On Software, Inc. today announced that it has released a customized version of Now Up-to-Date & Contact for ACT! for Macintosh customers. The new version, developed in cooperation with Interact Commerce, is only available to ACT! for Mac customers. Interact Commerce has discontinued the sale of ACT! for Mac and worked with Power On to create this custom version of Now Up-to-Date & Contact and to develop a one-step conversion process to seamlessly migrate ACT! data into Now Up-to-Date & Contact.
"We value our loyal ACT! for Mac users and finding an alternative solution for them was a big concern for us," said Greg Head, president, ACT! division, Interact Commerce. "We made the decision to discontinue ACT! for Mac because it no longer fits with our core business strategy. After an extensive process, we chose to work with Power On and develop a migration utility to ease the transition for our users. We feel comfortable Power On will provide ACT! for Mac users with enhanced features and upgraded technologies to meet all of their contact management needs."
Many of Now Up-to-Date & Contactis features are similar to those in the ACT! for Mac product, such as contact histories of phone calls, correspondence, completed items, notes and open to-dois, quick look-ups, keyword searches and built in tools for performing mail merges, printing labels, envelopes, letters, faxes, and all popular calendar formats. Additional features include:
- Server based architecture that permits multiple users, even in remote locations, via TCP/IP connection. Group scheduling is simple and contacts and calendar events can be shared or marked as private
- Extensive support for Palm? and Visor? handheld computers including color support for categories and the ability to select just the individualis appointments
- The ability to publish schedules and contacts to the web and share them with anyone, even if they donit own Now Contact and Up-to-Date with Now Web Publisher which is included free!
- Automatic synchronization of files between different computers, including PowerBooks and Desktops
- Built in automatic timer tracks time spent on specific items to provide a complete record of time expenditures
- Automate creation of recurring events
- Flexible reminders and alarm notification ensure no appointments or deadlines are missed
Regularly priced at US$99.95, ACT! users may purchase Now-up-to-Date & Contact for US$39.95. You can find more information about this special upgrade offer at the Power On Software web site.