Power On Software, Inc. today announced that it has updated Rewind?, its Macworld Best of Show award-winning utility. The new version makes a number of improvements to the applicationis compatibility and operation. Rewind allows users to reverse disasters and mistakes with a click. The software monitors the changes that occur to Macintosh files and the operating system during regular use. By keeping track of these changes, Rewind permits the user to travel back in time to a point before a problem occurred. A simple calendar interface displays a list of files and events and pointing and clicking on the desired time or file brings the user back from the brink of disaster. The new version, available today, includes the following enhancements:
- Implemented controls to limit the size of the Rewind archive
- Improved compatibility provides greater stability with applications that handle memory in nonstandard manners
- Added the ability to use the Finderis "Put Away" command for files restored to the trash or the desktop
- Fixed a problem where Rewind would sometimes fail to remove its archive from a volume when protection was turned off for that volume. Rewind now removes its archives correctly
- Modified the Rewind application so that it will not launch unless the Rewind extension is running
- Added the file signatures for Virtual PC 4 disk images to Rewindis database, so that it can correctly handle all versions of VPC volumes.
- Added the ability for Rewind to restore files even if a version of the file was open during a Rewind operation
Rewind is a unique new product that automatically provides continuous protection to a useris system and data from the moment it is installed. It is ideal for all Macintosh users, from beginners and novices to users in critical production environments. Rewind provides the ability to recover from errors or accidental data loss and to revive frozen or misbehaving systems instantly.
Rewind is available for US$99.95. You can find more information at the Power On Software Web site.