Intelli Innovations, Inc. is offering a preview release of ProSQL. ProSQL is a database management app designed for direct access to data without needing SQL query syntax knowledge, though it also supports "Standard SQL syntax" through a console. From Intelli Innovations:
Intelli Innovations, Inc. is pleased to announce the first preview release of ProSQL, its new database management and reporting software for the Macintosh platform.
ProSQL offers users the ability to directly access the tables and data in their database, display and search that information, and generate reports without requiring any knowledge of SQL query syntax or database engines. Advanced users can utilize standard SQL syntax to perform queries from within the iSQL Consolei. Furthermore, data can also be stored and retrieved locally using ProSQLis integrated single-user database engine.
- ProSQL 1.0 Preview 1 includes the following functionality*:
- Connects directly to mySQL and OpenBase database servers
- Browses tables, fields, and server data in independent browser windows
- Schema Browser: dynamically view and edit database tables and fields
- New Table tool: helps build database tables without any knowledge of SQL, with various field options and controls
- XML reporting: exports any query to an XML format for parsing by other applications or dynamic web applications
- Microsoft Excel reporting: Create reports for Excel to view/print **
- SQL Console: SQL testing and query tool for advanced users
- Integrated ProSQL database engine for local data storage
- Support for REAL databases from REAL Software
- Tab/Comma-delimited text export
- Customizable SQL menu for executing commonly-used commands and queries
- SQL syntax coloring (available on Mac OS 9 only at this time)
* Subject to change in future releases, without notice.
** Microsoft Excel is not required to create these reports.
Intelli Innovations would like to ensure that ProSQL users stay current, so the current build of ProSQL will expire on November 8th, 2001. Updates will be released in time for future expirations. Intelli Innovations has not yet announced release details for the final version of ProSQL. This information will be disclosed at a later date.
You can find more information about the preview release of ProSQL at the Intelli Innovations, Inc. Web site. The preview release is free.