ClaireWare Software has updated their keyboard based application switching utility, Program Switcher. Program Switcher 5.5.1 allows users to switch between running programs with a simple keystroke. According to ClaireWare Software:
I am pleased to announce that Program Switcher v5.5.1 has been released.
Program Switcher is a convenient timesaving control panel that allows you to switch between the applications running on your System 7.1 or greater Macintosh via a simple two-key keystroke. It was inspired by the same function found in "Windows," but has been improved and transformed into a unique and fully configurable control panel that makes switching applications on the Macintosh as simple as pressing a couple of keys. <> Key features include:
- The ability to switch, launch, quit, or hide any application with a simple keystroke
- The ability to switch, hide, or close windows with a simple keystroke
- Full support for the latest MacOS technologies, such as Appearance, Navigation Services, and Multiple Users.
- Elegant, unobtrusive interface that makes the seemingly simple task of switching applications truly simple and easy to do.
- A powerful suite of user configurable hot keys, including such actions as "Open File" and "Quit All Applications".
- Version 5.5.1 fixes two bugs with the hot keys feature.
Program Switcher is available for US$10. You can find more information at the Program Switcher web site.