Project Omega has released a new beta version of FireStarter, bringing it to version 1.0b3. FireStarter is a utility designed for burning files and music to CDs and SVCDs. The latest beta version features several enhancements including a "Force" burn feature and numerous bug fixes. According to Project Omega:
Project Omega releases FireStarter 1.0b3.
FireStarter is a pure Cocoa, Mac OS X only burning application which will allow you to duplicate and burn all kind of CDs (even those that other Mac OS X applications wonit), burn VCDs and SVCDs, and have access to unique features such as overburning and CDDB access.
New features in FireStarter FX 1.0b3:
- "Force" option which will fortunately let people who have a burner which is not recognized by Mac OS X to burn CDs again !
- Reader devices recognition fully rewritten. Now supports all the readers available on the computer
- German localization
- French localization
- better CD-Text support
- fixed a bug which prevented "Media info" not to display properly
- fixed a bug which prevented some devices from copying discs on the hard drive
- fixed a bug which prevented made the "burn" button behave like a ideadi button
- fixed several disc-image related bugs
- more flexible donation possibilities
You can find more information about the latest FireStarter beta release at the Project Omega Web site. FireStarter is available as donationware.