QuickerTek Inc. has released new AirPort antenna upgrades for Appleis latest 15- and 17-inch PowerBooks, which feature built-in AirPort Extreme wireless networking. While AirPort Extreme features a much wider range than the original AirPort technology, the metal cases used in the PowerBook line often constrict the signal strength. When the new QuickerTek antennas, which sell for US$99.99, are mounted on the exterior of the cases, they remove those signal restrictions. The antennas are similar to the previous one released for the PowerBook line; QuickerTek simply updated their internal connectors to make them compatible with the latest models.
Recent News See All »
- Apple gets the Upper Hand on Qualcomm Thanks to Intel's CDMA Chips
- AT&T Revamps Unlimited Data Plans with Tethering, Lower Prices
- iPhone Screen Repairs By Third Parties Now Get Some Warranty Coverage
- iTunes Remote App gets Two-Factor Authentication Support
- New Mac Ransomware Leaves Your Files Permanently Encrypted
Recent Tips See All »
Recent Editorials See All »
© The Mac Observer, Inc. -- All rights reserved. All information presented on this site is copyrighted by The Mac Observer, Inc. except where otherwise noted. No portion of this site may be copied without express written consent. Other sites are invited to link to any aspect of this site provided that all content is presented in its original form and is not placed within another frame. The Mac Observer is an independent publication and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Apple, Inc.