Francois Menneteau has released an update for RPGMapMaker, bringing it to version 3.1.0. RPGMapMaker is a utility designed for creating custom maps for use with role-playing games. The update adds several new features including a texture palette and map previews. According to Francois Menneteau:
Francois Menneteau announced today the release of RPGMapMaker, a tool for drawing maps with polygonal grids.
This kind of maps are used in Role Playing Games, but can be designed for any other purposes. RPGMapMaker 3.1.0 is made with REALbasic from REAL Software, Inc.
- Textures palette. This allows you to use the Color Filling and Grid Polygon Color Filling tools with textures instead of Drawing Contexts
- When creating a map (or getting information about it), there is now a "page" preview i.e. you can see how a map fits into various formats (A4, B4, A3, etc.)
- You can now choose the format of the polygon unit
- There are two additional polygon units: i and "
- A map can be password protected
- There is now a Toolbar (floating window) that allows you to controls the visibility of all the other windows
- The New Map, Open Special and Map Information dialogs now have the same unified interface
- The Color pallet now gives RGB colors in decimal too
- The Tools and Terrains pallets now can be hidden too
- and more...
You can find more information about the RPGMapMaker update at the Francois Menneteau Web site. RPGMapMaker is available for US$34.00.