The Reaction Quake Team has released an update for Reaction Quake, bringing it to version 3.1. Reaction Quake is a Quake port designed for custom level design and internal game code modification. The update features bug fixes and game enhancements including improved aiming. According to the Reaction Quake Team:
Since our release 2 weeks ago, weive come across some things that weive decided were worthy of a quick fix or tweak, and in some cases, a small addition.
Reaction Quake 3 (or simply known as "Reaction") is essentially a direct-as-possible port of Action Quake 2 (AQ2) to Quake 3: Arena.
Because the A-Team decided to continue work on Action Half-Life and Action Unreal Tournament, there will be no official port of AQ2 to Quake 3.
Reaction Quake 3 is a community-based effort to implement the gameplay from the hit modification with Quake 3is superior rendering engine and networking code.
This is solely a code revision, no maps or models in this one.
- In-game server browser now fixed to show RQ3 3.x games, yay!
- Added an error message to the /radio command to let you know if your bind is messed up and youire trying to play a radio sound that does not exist
- Allowed CTB radio sounds to also be played in other team-based modes
- Added a Zoom Sensitivity Lock during fire sequence of ssg to improve aiming
- Added local cvar cg_RQ3_ssgZoomSensLock to enable or disable the feature above (default enable)
- Upgraded the gamesource RQ3 is built on from 1.29h to 1.32b
- Removed most of the unlagged stuff. Only optimized prediction and smooth clients remains
- With allWeapon/allItems enable it wonit toss weapons/items when you die
- Various helmet bugs fixed
- Successful mapvote now waits for a round to end in TP
You can find more information about the Reaction Quake update at the The Reaction Quake Team Web site. The Reaction Quake update is available as a free download.