The RecoSoft Corporation has released an update for VINC, bringing it to version 1.7. VINC is a document viewer and converter designed to alleviate document exchange issues encountered with cross-platform and Internet environments. The update features several enhancements including expanded file and language support. According to RecoSoft
RecoSoft Corporation announces that it has started shipping VINC v1.7 a major upgrade to its integrated disk navigation, document viewing and conversion software.
VINC (View, Navigate & Convert) provides rapid viewing and conversion of files created in different word processing and graphics software. You can view and convert MSWord, AppleWorks, HTML, RTF, PNG, JPEG, Photoshop etc...files.
VINC v1.7 now provides the capability of viewing PDF files and converting PDF* files into any of the other word processing file formats VINC supports. Users are now able to extract the PDF text data for editing in their favorite word processing software.
Additionally VINC v1.7 contains the following enhancements:
- Added Support for the following file formats; MSWord 2003, Unicode UTF-8, Unicode UTF-16
- MSWord File Format Enhancements
- AppleWorks File Format enhancements
- Text file format enhancements
- Added support for Arabic and Hebrew languages in MSWord, RTF, HTML, Unicode files
- Improved format and layout retention during conversions for most file formats
You can find more information about the VINC update at the RecoSoft Corporation Web site. VINC 1.7 is free for registered users, while the full version is available for US$49.00.