RedleX has released an update for Mellel, bringing it to version 1.6.9. Mellel is a multi-lingual utility designed for word processing. The update features several enhancements including date/time stamp and Panther fixes. According to RedleX:
RedleX have released Mellel 1.6.9, an update to its advanced multi-lingual word processor for Mac OS X. This release offers a new option to insert date and time in several formats, important localisation updates and numerous fixes for Mac OS 10.3 (Panther).
New Mellel 1.6.9 features in detail:
- Insert Date: This new option allows you to insert three types of date and time stamps -- creation date, opening date (updating variable) and current date
- Localisation: Mellel comes complete with 11 different localisations: Dutch, English, Esperanto, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Romanian, Spanish and Swedish. Version 1.6.9 include significant updates to the Dutch and Italian localisations and minor updates to others
- Panther Fix: Fixed a bug that caused artifacts to appear when typing using an input method or dead keys with non 100% zoom settings
- Panther Fix: Fixed a bug that caused the cursor to leave an artifacts "residue" when typing with non 100% zoom settings
- Panther Fix: Fixed a bug that caused screen artifacts to appear in with certain conditions of space above or below and fixed line spacing
- Panther Fix: Fixed a bug that caused the Note, Character and Paragraph sub-menus to be disabled in the contextual menu
- Panther Fix: Fixed a bug with third-party spelling services that caused Mellel to refuse sometimes refuse saving documents
- Bug Fix: Mellel will now insert a thin space before or after a Guillemet when using French Typographer Quotes. This fix will improve the way such quotes appear with full justification
- Bug Fix: Changed keyboard shortcut for "toggle palettes" to command+* to avoid clashing with the system shortcut for "Rotate Windows"
- Bug Fix: Corrected Caption for "Decimal Align On" in the attributes drawer of "Edit Paragraph Styles"
- Bug Fix: Fixed a problem that caused Mellel to scroll to the insertion point when changing table height or width with the insertion point outside the table
- Bug Fix: Fixed a bug that caused the font "Cardo" to render incorrectly and with many artifacts
- Bug Fix: Fixed a bug that caused "selected word count" not to count the last word in the selection
You can find more information about the Mellel update at the RedleX Web site. Mellel 1.6.9 is free for registered users, while the full version is available for US$19.00.