Dartware, LLC has released a beta version of InterMapper Remote 1.0.5. InterMapper Remote is a remote viewer that works with in tandem with InterMapper for real-time, animated views of InterMapper maps. The latest beta version features several new enhancements including notification dependencies and encrypted session support. According to Dartware:
Dartware LLC announces that the first public beta-test version of its InterMapper Remote 1.5 software is now available.
InterMapper Remote provides a remote view on a networkis health. In conjunction with the InterMapper network monitoring and alerting application, a network manager can use InterMapper Remote to see the state of a network at a glance.
Version 1.5 brings the ability to create and edit maps from a remote location. A network manager can maintain the network maps while on the road, or working from home.
Other features of InterMapper Remote 1.5 include:
- Notification Dependencies. InterMapper Remote can set the reference point in a map so that InterMapper can determine which notifications to suppress
- Secure connections to server. InterMapper Remote can use SSL to encrypt the sessions to the InterMapper server
- Sound Notifications. The appropriate sounds are played as notifications at the proper time
- Log files. InterMapper Remote now displays log files in a separate window, and observes the access permissions for each user
- Zoom capabilities. Maps may be magnified or shrunk to a user-selected percentage
- Improved Server List. The user interface of the list that displays the servers/maps has been improved
- Much faster performance on MacOS X. The XOR drawing mode of the MacOS X JVM that caused serious performance hits has been removed
- Many bug fixes
You can find more information about the InterMapper Remote beta release at the Dartware Web site. InterMapper Remote 1.0.5 is available for US$195.00.