Dartware, LLC has released an update for InterMapper Remote, bringing it to1.0.1. InterMapper Remote is a remote viewer that works with in tandem with InterMapper for real-time, animated views of InterMapper maps. The maintenance update features several bug fixes and performance enhancements. According to Dartware:
InterMapper Remote (tm) 1.0.1 is now available. It fixes a number of minor bugs: the release notes are appended to this note.
InterMapper Remote provides a remote view on your network. Working in conjunction with InterMapper, it will allow you to see the real-time status of your routers, switches, servers, and other networking equipment from a remote location.
InterMapper Remote (tm) 1.0.1 Release Notes - 21 March 2002
- There is now an application-wide Font cache
- Changed the way things work when the app is starting up to improve the startup time
- We used to cut debug log lines off at 255 chars, but there was a bug in the trimming code, so we no longer bother limiting the lines
- Fixed a bug in the Logout action code that would throw a NullPointerException (NPE)
- Fixed some bugs that occured upons an attempt to open a saved map
- NFR serial numbers will now only display a yellow window at startup, instead of every hour
- Fixed a minor bug in the Ants drawing code and implemented some caching that should increase efficiency
- Fixed a bug that would cause an NPE if the connection timed-out while waiting for user input for authentication
- Fixed the bug that could cause InterMapper Remote to take several minutes to start on some Windows machines
- A map name that included a backslash (i\i) could have unpredictable results including crashing InterMapper Remote
- This was due to i\i being incorrectly seen as an escape char in the underlying code that parses the protocol
- We now correctly catch and handle for "No route to host" errors in the SLP code
- Fixed an IMML edge case
- Some text was being clipped incorrectly, losing the last character or two. The fix may cause maps to iblinki when loading.
You can find more information about the InterMapper Remote update at the Dartware Web site. InterMapper Remote 1.0.1 is available for US$199.00.