Runtime Revolution has released a new beta version of Revolution 2.0. Revolution is a cross-platform software development tool designed for creating applications for multiple platform deployment. The latest version ships with several features including an integrated debugger and SOAP support. According to Runtime Revolution:
Runtime Revolution today announces the release of Revolution 2.0 beta, its leading multi-platform development tool. This major new release builds on Revolutionis existing strengths, which include an easy-to-use interface builder, an English-like programming language, database access, multimedia, Internet support, and more.
All these features combine to make Revolution the quickest and easiest way to develop multi-platform software.
This new release of Revolution adds an ambitious list of new features, making Revolution an even better choice for software developers in business, education, or for personal use.
New features include:
- XML library with full support for creating and parsing documents
- SOAP support
- Unicode text entry and manipulation
- New user interface with enhanced Mac OS X Jaguar look and feel
- Code Cookbook explaining a range of useful routines
- Powerful and easy-to-use report generator
- Improved database access on all platforms with PostgreSQL support, MySQL SSL connections, point-and-click setup, and more
- Video capture, text-to-speech, and more multimedia enhancements
- Spreadsheet/table text fields
- Fully-featured, integrated debugger
You can find more information about the Runtime beta release at the Runtime Revolution Web site. Runtime is available starting at US$99.00.