Curious Labs, Inc. is now shipping version 7 of Shade, its 3D modeler and renderer. The new version features support for the English language and numerous new enhancements including support for Illustrator 2D design importing. According to Curious Labs, Inc:
Curious Labs, Inc. has announced that they have released Shade 7 for the US and Canadian markets. Shade is an all-in-one 3D graphics suite for designers, illustrators, and architects. Shade provides intuitive Bezier curve/surface modeling for quick 3D design generation, an integrated set of diverse plugins to detail and complete projects, and a global illumination renderer for radiant imagery.
Shade 7 new features:
- Intuitive Bezier modeling tools to quickly create curves and 3D surfaces
- Ability to import 2D Illustrator designs
- Boolean modeling, Polygon mesh modeling, Auto-smoothing of curves and more to detail projects
- Metaballs for physics-based modeling and organic natural designs
- PoserFusionTM, enabling hosting and playback of Poser scenes within Shade
- IGES5.3 format support for integration into a CAD-based environment
- Automatic key frame creation with interpolation to automatically animate objects
- Joint settings, motion settings, and BVH motion support
- MagicalSketch: draw with 2D lines and 3D solids take shape automatically!
- ShadeExplorer allows users to visually manage Shade data, files and images
- TextEffector includes TrueType, PostScript Type 1, extrude and bevel support
- Hardware acceleration and OpenGL support
- RoomPlanner for prototyping architectural designs
- and more...
You can find more information about the Shade 7 release at the Curious Labs, Inc. Web site. Shade 7 is available starting at US$99.00 for the LE version.