24U Software has released a beta version of 24U SimpleDialog Plug-In 2.0. SimpleDialog is a dialog showing plug-in for use with FileMaker Pro. The latest beta release features several new enhancements including a rewritten engine and numerous interface mods. According to 24U Software:
Today, 24U Software announces the release of Public Beta version of 24U SimpleDialog Plug-In 2.O. This version of unique powerful dialog-showing plug-in for FileMaker Pro developers brings a lot of new features and improvements.
24U SimpleDialog Plug-In is a dialog-showing plug-in for FileMaker Pro 4.0 or newer. As easy-to-use as the standard Show Message and Status(CurrentMessageChoice) but much more powerful!
- completely rewritten dialog showing engine
- improved dynamic sizing and positioning of dialog items
- dialogs can display longer text than ever before
- dialog prompt is optimized do look well, last line not being too short
- unlimited number of pop-up menu items
- value lists can be easily inserted in popup menus
- dialogs can have icons
- any text field can be validated with a regular expression
- dialogs with no buttons are now allowed
- automatic dismissal after specified amount of time
- customizable dialog title
- customizable dialog position (horizontal, vertical, or both)
- customizable dialog width
- progress dialogs with two text messages (above and below the progress bar)
- and more..
You can find more information about the SimpleDialog Plug-In update at the 24U Software Web site. SimpleDialog Plug-In 2.0 is available as freeware while in the beta testing phase.