Softobe has released an update for FoldersSynchronizer, bringing it to version 3.2. FoldersSynchronizer is a back-up utility designed for synchronizing files, folders, and disks. The update features several new enhancements including a redisigned Timer and a rewritten copy engine. According to Softobe:
Softobe is glad to inform you that we have just released FoldersSynchronizer version 3.2 (Cocoa).
FoldersSynchronizer is a nifty utility for Macintosh (Classic and MacOSX) which synchronizes and backs-up files, folders and disks. The user can choose one or more pairs of files/folders/disks and then they will be synchronized/backed-up exactly.
Whatis new in FoldersSynchronizer version 3.2:
- The Exact Sync works with renaming and moving the files too
- Added a new feature "Conflicts" to the menu Options. With this feature the user can tell FS how to behave in case of conflicts
- The Timer feature has been completely redesigned. Now, the user can define the timers for each Session, then select the pop menu "All Sessions" in the console, and FS will execute all the timers defined for each Sessions
- For better checking what FS is going to do with timers, we added a window called "Timer Scheduling" listing all the timers defined for all the sessions
- Rewritten the copy engine following the latest Apple Guidelines
- Now FS can copy files that the previous versions didnit copy, as some Photoshop plug-in file\\
- Now FS updates the foldersi modification date properly
- The Preview List now applys the level-indentation to the "Destination" column too
- The Preview window can show the fileSize of SymLinks too
- Added a control when editing the option lists (Timer, Multiple, Filter, Exclude). In order to edit the list (e.g. Multiple), you first have to mark the check-box "On" (e.g. "Multiple On")
- and more...
You can find more information about the FoldersSynchronizer update at the Softobe Web site. FoldersSynchronizer 3.2 is free for registered users, while the full version is available for US$40.00.