Sonny Software has released an update for Bookends, bringing it to version 7.6. Bookends is a bibliography management app designed for importing references from online sources. The update features improved Mellel support, bug fixes, and other enhancements. According to Sonny Software:
Sonny Software is pleased to announce the release of Bookends 7.6, a Mac-only full-featured bibliography/reference and information management system for professionals and students.
With Bookends one can easily import references from hundreds of on-line sources into a personal database, use Microsoft Word and Nisus Writer add-ins that interact directly with Bookends to produce publication-ready documents with bibliographies that meet the most exacting requirements, attach files (pdf, pictures, Word documents, etc.) to references for easy retrieval and display, and many other features that make managing and using reference information easier.
Among the enhancements in Version 7.6 are:
- Compatibility with Nisus Writer Express, including macros that integrate Nisus Writer Express with Bookends
- Improved compatibility with Mellel
- Drag and drop a formatted reference from the reference window
- Drag and drop references from the Groups window
- Better visual feedback for found text
- Word search in the enlarged field view
- Better BibTeX style support
- Minimize Reference Window menu option
- Smart Term List autoscrolling
- Automatically create temporary citations that will be replaced by date only
- Automatically-generated temporary citations may use editorsi names
- Editorsi names can be used in the final citation of an edited book
- Bug fixes
You can find more information about Bookends updates at the Sonny Software Web site. The Bookends update is free for purchases made after Octoner 1st, 2002, while the full versiuon is available for US$99.00.