Black Cat Systems has released an update for Sound Byte, bringing it to version 2.2.0. Sound Byte is an app designed to turn you Mac into a cart machine for playback of recorded files. The update adds several enhancements including pause support and volume indicators. According to Black Cat Systems:
Black Cat Systems has released version 2.2.0 of Sound Byte, which turns your Mac into a" cart machine" for playing sound recordings.
Sound Byte is ideal for DJs, radio stations and audio productions, to quickly and easily play a variety of recorded sounds, such as jingles, advertisements, songs, sound effects at sporting events, and more.
This version adds:
- Pausing the playback of currently playing carts
- Starting a cart at a particular time into the recording
- Can now drop multiple files into a rack at the same time
- Can clear all entries in a rack
- Volume indicators and progress displays for unused carts not shown
- After a fade, cart volume is now returned to previous setting
- Added checking for latest version and visiting website to About menu
- When a cart is dragged, the color now correctly updates immediately
You can find more information about the Sound Byte update at the Black Cat Systems Web site. Sound Byte is available for US$49.00.