Kinetic Creations, Inc. has released Kineticon version 1.7.2, an update to the MacOS System Extension that allows users to replace their static icons with icon animations.
Kineticon selectively replaces icons displayed by your Mac with icon animations. Wherever the MacOS would normally draw a regular, static icon, Kineticon can replace it with an icon animation. Included with the Kineticon package is an icon animation editor. This editor allows you to create your own animated icons and includes drag and drop support between itself and the MacOS Finder and 3rd party graphic or icon editors.
Kineticon version 1.7.2 is a free upgrade for registered users of any earlier version and incorporates the following changes from version 1.7.1:
- Fixed "type 3 error" with QuickTime player and some other applications
- Fixed a bug that could cause Kineticon to freeze when loading kines
- Other minor, cosmetic bug fixes
Recent News See All »
Recent Tips See All »
Recent Editorials See All »
- Apple and IBM Partnership: Macs, iOS and Watson Are The Glue
- Apple Will Likely Let the 2013 Mac Pro Quietly Die
- E Ink Keyboard MacBook Pros Aren't a Sure Thing
- Apple 'hello again' Media Invites Suggest Reintroduction of Mac Product Line
- Did You Get the (i)Message? Tapback, Digital Touch, Apps, and More
© The Mac Observer, Inc. -- All rights reserved. All information presented on this site is copyrighted by The Mac Observer, Inc. except where otherwise noted. No portion of this site may be copied without express written consent. Other sites are invited to link to any aspect of this site provided that all content is presented in its original form and is not placed within another frame. The Mac Observer is an independent publication and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Apple, Inc.