Ideas From the Deep and SquidSoft have released an update for SquidCam, bringing it to version 1.0.1. SquidCam is a broadband video conferencing app desiged as an alternative to service based conferencing. The update features performance enhancements including AppleEvent support and bug fixes. According to Ideas From the Deep and SquidSoft:
Ideas From the Deep and SquidSoft today announced the release of SquidCam v1.0.1. SquidCam is a video and audio conferencing application for Mac OS X intended for use with broadband connections.
Changes in this version:
- AppleEvent support for opening a connection from another application
- Auto-answer option
- Video packet size control (achieve up to 60fps on a LAN!)
- Sleep mode for camera and microphone devices (useful for portable systems)
- Fixed a rare bug that caused problems when accepting a connection
- Re-confirmed compatibility with USB-based Webcams
- Fixed a minor problem with the registration dialog
You can find more information about the SquidCam update at the SquidSoft Web site. SquidCam 1.0.1 is available for US$25.00.