Ideas From the Deep and SquidSoft have released an update for SquidCam, bringing it to version 1.1. SquidCam is a video conferencing app desiged as an alternative to service based conferencing. The update features performance enhancements including standard modem support and iListen compatibility. According to Ideas From the Deep and SquidSoft:
Ideas From the Deep and SquidSoft today announced the release of SquidCam v1.1
SquidCam is a video and audio conferencing application for Mac OS X enabling you to have a conversation with one or more people using SquidCam over a network (LAN and/or Internet) connection. SquidCam features audio and video connectivity, as well as text messaging and an answering machine, all without the need of a special service.
Changes in this version:
- Now compatible with standard modem connections (no need for broadband!)
- Added video answering machine (VAM)
- Enhanced audio support, much cleaner and less latency!
- Added custom video options
- Text messaging automatically provides word wrapping
- Now fully compatible with iListen from MacSpeech <http://www.macspeech.com>
- Added support for selectable video resolutions (up to 1280 x 1024)
- Added a modem option for the presets pop-up
- Enhanced video support for camcorders
- Changed sleep timeout controls to sliders
- Fixed problem with registration file (path fix)
- Modified AppleEvent support (unique core class)
- Added "certified" option for video packet sending
- Fixed problems with audio capture and playback
- Optimized audio packet header (decreased size)
- Optimized audio playback
- Improved connection (socket) read code
You can find more information about the SquidCam update at the SquidSoft Web site. SquidCam 1.1 is available for US$25.00.