You knew it had to happen sooner or later. The Register reports that StarDock, a California based company, is offering WindowsFX, an application that brings many of the nice graphical touches found in OS Xis Aqua GUI to Windows XP. StarDock is careful not to mention Apple or Aqua in its literature describing WindowsFX, instead it offers that the application...
...allows users to add all manners of special effects and transitions to their windows.
The list of features are impressive and sound a lot like someone describing the GUI of the Worldis Most Advanced Operating System. From the WindowsFX Executive Summary:
- True, alpha blended shadows under windows
- A set of minimize and maximize transition effects
- A set of window opening and closing effects
- Ability to have large icons on the desktop while having normal sized icons everywhere else
- Ability to apply light sources to different coordinates on the desktop that colorize titlebar/borders of windows*
- Wide range of semi-transparency options such as making windows, the star bar, menus, and more semi-transparent
- Various special effects for Windows desktop icons and their labels
- A set of special effects for menus when opened and closed
- User defined size for windows to maximize to.
- Able to add more transition special effects and shadows created by users
- and more!
Check out the Register article and get more information at the StarDock Web site.